I will write when I have something to say. Started this page in February 2017. Here are a few of my posts which you may be interested in reading:
One day in heritage language teaching:
- A one-day snapshot of HLT 2018
- What heritage language teachers did on November 13, 2019
- One Day in HLT: What heritage teachers did in class on October 3, 2018
- Participate in “One Day in HLT” 2019!
Proficiency progress project
- Four characteristics observed (and heard) in an expert teacher’s classroom in August Includes original audio clips!
General language teaching:
- Explicit grammar teaching – the baby, the bathwater, the balance
- My ideal language classroom – If I could dream big
- Pinpointing everything: Reflections on language teaching after OPI workshop
Heritage language teaching:
- Differentiating grammar instruction with heritage students
- On the differentiated instruction journey with heritage learners / proficiency
- Part 1: The most important thing to improve your heritage students’ proficiency
- Part 2: The road to ‘Superior’, and getting heritage teachers there
- Starting up a heritage language program – Day #1 takeaways from heritage language conference at University of Texas at Austin
- Heritage goals, heritage teachers, and random ideas – Day #2 from June 2018 workshop at Univ of Texas
- “But they already speak Spanish” – In defense of heritage program
- Una leyenda, y después yerba mate
- Are your heritage classes producing results? How do you know?